When Do Students Take the Exam?
Doctoral students in the HCC program are required to complete three semesters of the HCC 810 seminar before they can participate in the Comprehensive Exam.
Thus, students should complete the review between their fourth and sixth semesters, and must pass the exam by their 6th semester in the PhD program.
- July 1st: Updates to reading lists announced
- September 1st: Students must email the GPD about their intent to participate in exam and select two HCC Concentration Areas reading lists
- End of January: students take written exam (exact date negotiated with GPD)
- Mid-February: (Two weeks after the written exam) Students submit portfolio to GPD
- End of March: Students are notified of exam outcome by GPD